Posted: April 26, 2020
Hello parents, guardians, teachers and students! I hope everyone is well and safe and coping with the social isolation as well as possible. Remember that this too, shall pass!
I would like to express my appreciation to the teachers who have been working hard preparing lessons for home learning, and to the families who have been doing their best to engage with this new form of learning. I can imagine that it must be difficult in some cases, and perhaps impossible in others. Keep in mind that we only ask that you, “Do what you can!”
Students, I know that it may be hard to stay motivated when your teacher is not there to guide you, or there are no evaluations to be concerned with. It is important that you realize that no one knows how long this will be in effect, so it is vital that you work to maintain the skills and concepts you’ve learned and that you work to learn new ones as they are presented. Regular classes will resume some day!
With that in mind, I would like to offer the following “tips” for dealing with home schooling:
· All lesson are posted to our school website, “ewgms.nbed.nb.ca”. Lessons are posted to the “teacher pages” and up to now we have been focusing on language arts, French (immersion), and mathematics. Students only need to click on their teachers for these subject areas.
· Assignments are posted and dated, but students should check daily or every couple of days to stay up to date. In some cases, through their pages, teachers may redirect students to click on another tab for particular activities.
· Teachers have been reaching out to students by phone on a weekly basis. If you have questions or concerns in the meantime, or you’d like to talk with specific teachers, they can be reached through their emails listed in the “staff” tab. A good idea may be to keep a log or journal of questions you wish to ask when your teachers call
· The Guidance/ SEL tab contains links to social-emotion learning activities and tips. If you need t speak with one of our guidance counselors, please call 626-3257 and district counselors will direct you to the EWG counselors, Mrs. S. Robichaud and Mrs. S. Somers.
· If you haven’t already done so, consider joining our EWG Facebook page. This is a more informal setting where you may post some content and access general information.
· If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to me at email@example.com and I will do my best to help you.
Take care and stay safe!
Principal, Eleanor W Graham Middle School