Posted: April 5, 2020
Greetings parents, guardians and students! Welcome to the launch of our Home Learning initiative, beginning on April 6, 2020! Here are a few things to consider as you navigate through our website at http://ewgms.nbed.nb.ca/
Remember that this is new for all of us; teachers, parents and students alike. Although we welcome your comments and suggestions, keep in mind that we are learning right along with you and your child.
· To start, we will be focusing on math, language arts and French (for immersion students). There will also be tips/suggestions for physical education (Ms. Betts) and for social/emotional learning (SEL/Guidance Tab) from our guidance team (Mrs. S. Somers & Mrs. S. Robichaud). Please access the “teacher pages” for specific assignments and instructions. EECD guidelines for grades 6-8 are an average of 2 hours/day (10 per week) plus 30 minutes of reading and 30 minutes of exercise. There are no assessments/evaluations planned at this time and each child will move to the next grade.
· One of your child’s teachers will be reaching out weekly by phone to “check in” and help with academic questions. Please note that teachers have been asked to limit calls to a maximum of ten minutes. If you have a new phone number, you could leave it on one of the administrators’ voicemails (Mr. Theriault (P) 523-7971, Mr. Fletcher (VP) 523-7972).
· “Tele-Guidance” is also available through phone at (Grades K-8) 506-626-3257 & (Grades 9-12) 506-626-0120.
· Please do not ask to “friend” teachers on Facebook, as we are only fielding questions through phone calls or through teacher emails, available through the “staff” tab on the website. Leave a message and someone will get back to you within 24 hours. If you are having difficulties with reaching a teacher or navigating the site, please message me at email@example.com If you haven’t already done so, please consider joining our Facebook page for more informal messaging. · For district based information, access the ASDN website at http://asd-n.nbed.nb.ca/
· Unfortunately, access to the school is still restricted by EECD, so there is no access to items in lockers at this point in time.
Good luck and remember, every home situation is different! We all understand that access to technology at home may be limited, so don't worry if you cannot get to a computer. Do what you can on a phone if that's all you have. This initiative is meant to support our students and maintain a link between the home and the school community, not to add stress to an already difficult situation. Be positive, be supportive and do what you are capable of doing. If you need help, reach out!
Take care and stay safe. Go, Eagles!
Greg Theriault, Principal, Eleanor W Graham Middle School